Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Little Caesars Pizza Kit Fundraising Program

As a part-time middle school baseball coach, I often receive various fundraising pamphlets in my mailbox for things like the M&M packets you see kids selling from time to time. Today I received an exciting new one for the Little Caesars Pizza Kit, proclaiming it a "Great Springtime Fundraiser" that includes "all the ingredients to make wholesome and delicious pizza at home in less than 10 minutes!" This seems strange to me. First of all, Little Caesars has perplexed me for years. They used to have restaurants everywhere, "Pizza Pizza" was a classic slogan, and then they seemed to stop advertising altogether, and all of the stores near me closed up. Yet I will still see an occasional one nestled in the corner of a strip mall, an abandoned outpost long since forgotten by the greater Little Caesars community and now left to fend for itself by offering completely ridiculous deals like "Free 5th Ingredient!" or "60% off Crazy Bread!" I'm sure that they are more prevalent in other parts of the world, but all of the ones remaining in Chicago are rundown and disgusting.

That being said, selling pizza kits as a fundraiser is bizarre in and of itself, right? Checking out their website pizzakit.com, I find that you would be selling a 3-pack of frozen sausage pizzas for 18 bucks. You get 3 crusts, 3 packets of sauce, 3 packets of cheese, and 3 packets of sausage bullets. Also, for each kit sold, you get $5 off the top for your team. You can also sell a Crazy Bread Kit, in which you get 3 slabs of bread rods, 3 packets of "garlic buttery sauce", and 3 packets of parmesan cheese(!). Those retail for $14. I'm sorry, it's all just kind of gross and weird. I guess there would be some novelty value to coming home with a frozen 3-pack of Crazy Bread, but I can't imagine the quality is that high. And imagine a team of 6th graders hawking these things like Cutco knives? I'm out.

BaeRating: C

2 comments:

Young said...

"Sausage Bullet" is both a terrifying and a surprisingly apropos turn of phrase.

Tamalehawk said...

Tamalehawk thinks a Little Caesar's franchise kit would cost less. All you need is an abandoned strip mall storefront, a dreadlocked hesher with Wednesdays free, and some discount pepperonis. D-